Sign in to follow this  
Guest volvov40

Help with PMDG Queen in FS9

Guest volvov40

I just made my 5 yearly investment in a new pc. I got a intel quad core 2.66gHz cpu with a nVidia 9800 video card.Can anybody tell me why I only get - at best - 4 frames per second with the Queen in 2D and even less in 3d?This is a worse performance than with my previous 2gHz single cpu outfit.Help before I leap off a bridge!!

>I just made my 5 yearly investment in a new pc. I got a>intel quad core 2.66gHz cpu with a nVidia 9800 video card.>>Can anybody tell me why I only get - at best - 4 frames per>second with the Queen in 2D and even less in 3d?>>This is a worse performance than with my previous 2gHz single>cpu outfit.>>Help before I leap off a bridge!!Try posting in the PMDG support forum here. Perhaps someone there can help you. Hope you get it sorted :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest B52Drivr

The PMDG is very CPU draining as there are many systems running on the aircraft at the same time. What operating system do you have, amount and type of ram, type of HD, and the like. Also, where are your sliders on the simulation?Give me these answers and I'll try to point you into the right direction..........also, Who made your computer and what MB does it have? I can tell you this, 4 FPS in FS9 is very weak for a 2.66 Quad core . . . something isn't right.BestClayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

volvov40- in the top menu bar: PMDG/general/options/model, is the box "Show Virtual Cockpit" ticked by any chance? Should be unticked for 2D.Nearly made me abandon the Queen when setting it up 2D on my system! The negative impact on FPS was substantial. Can't help with 3D.Alex Reid