Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speedbyrd

AFCAD: making universal changes...

I'd like to be able to go in and widen all the taxiways. Is there a way to do it like in one shot, rather than clicking on each taxiway then changing with width in the 'properties'? A lot of the taxiways are too narrow for widebody aircraft it can be difficult when making a turn because if you roll off the taxiway you really have to gun it to get going again. I guess because of the texture difference between 'ground' and 'tarmac'. It could be pretty cumbersome to increase all the taxiways at say LFPG or EGLL and was just hoping for an easier way. I'm using AFX. Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No, it isn't possible. Why do you need to widen them? I can certainly taxi a 777 at major airports without a problem.You're probably taxiing too fast. Taxi speeds on the straight bits can be around 30kts but when turning 90 degrees you should be around 10kts or even less.What kind of controls do you use? Maybe some rudder pedals would help. I use the CH ones. If you're using a joystick or keyboard it will be harder but widening the taxiways is not the answer.

Well, on the straightaways it's not an issue, but when making turns in a widebody, you can't see the taxiway where the turn is so sometimes I run off and then have to really gas it to get back on the tarmac. I just thought a wider taxiway or turn area would make it easier.

Try switching to full forward view to temporarily lose the panel. Hit W twice. If you have a widescreen monitor try setting the magnification to 0.75 which gives you a wide-angle view.And what hardware are you using?

Hi,Sure, this is very simple to do. You can do this to change multiples of anything, not just taxiways (i.e. parking spot radii, etc.):1. Drag a box around the entire airport - all the taxiways will turn yellow.2. Hold down the Shift key and right click a taxiway. Choose Properties.3. Change the taxiway width.4. Click OK.Done!Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___