Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest nick46

Vista OS and scenery,dat files--info needed

I am running Vista Premium and I have seen that when I add new addon scenery to FS9, no scenery.dat files are made by the sim scenery library process. I also think that the scenery.cfg does not read additions suck exclude and flatten lines, as iy was revealed when I tried to add those lines there upon installing Barrie Larke's Sleap scenery (Sleap.zip).Is it true that no scenery.dat files are made by Vista? I have also added Flight Deck 4 and all is fine, but again no scenery.dat files visible. Or is that that Vista keeps them somewhere I cannot find?Any light on this would be appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Mant thanks David,The thread you pointed me to fixed the problem.Also many thanks for your Tricks and Tips series (was that the name?) which I downloaded and read most of.Perhaps you could do something similar for FSX ...Nick from Athens, Greece

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.And thanks for the kind words regarding the Tips and Tricks series. If you got the very last issue - number 25 - you will read some of my thoughts regarding FSX.The only thing I have done specifically for FSX is a "Guide" to creating VIP (reserved) paarking. This is the link if you wish to take a look:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID...isc&DLID=126946