Sign in to follow this  
Guest Excoelis

Can't see airports until too late!

Guest Excoelis

I've been running FS9 for some time now but lately I've been having trouble viewing airports until I'm only a couple miles away. Used to be I could see them from some distance away, but now there is nothing there, then suddenly they magically appear as I mentioned 2-3 miles away. I have all the settings on ultra high and I'm not sure what would cause this???

Payware airports or highly detailed ones you have installed? or with every single airport?Your specs?If you don't have a high end machine and install a detailed payware or even freeware airport - then yes sometimes they won't completely appear until you are rather close to them or will appear in stages as you computer catches up and displays them in their entirety.Paul.

Guest Excoelis

My airports are mostly stock. I do have some more detailed freeware airports and they seem the same as the default ones. I don't think my rig is an issue.... should be plenty to run FS9, I updated my specs in my signature.I actually have been fooling about with some of the FS9.cfg tweaks and it seems to have improved a fair bit. I still think the airports should be visible further out, but maybe that is more of a limitation of the sim.Thanks for the help!

Hi.It is true in real life flying also, just more pressure on you.Try to use a GPS, or another MFD.?Try to fly at Dusk, when the runway lights are better observed / stand out.Use precise Navigation / Deduction Reckoning, like we do in real life. Do a Flight plan, calculate the Wind drift, Heading, GS. distance, time etc. That works OK in the FS. I have my students practice their XCty on the sim before they go. TV

Your right your specs should allow you to run FS9 pretty decently. Do you use nhancer? also if you wouldn't mind posting your FS9.CFG file I'd like to take a look and see if I can help you out with that as well.Thanks.Paul.