Sign in to follow this  
BigRick

Addon crash with FS9 and Vista 32

Before you say "it's Vista", I've been running FS9 and Vista for 7 months with no problem. Now, FS9 has started crashing on me. Specifics:Load any default aircraft and it loads fine. Also loads ok with the PMDG 737s.Load any OTHER aircraft (SSTSim, Wilco Airbus etc), it will crash immediately with an error in the WINMM.DLL file. DEP is turned off. Now, I've been trying to find some reference here on the board about this but can find nothing, so I'm tossing a big flag out for some help with this issue. I'm trying to locate the WINMM.DLL file on my original Vista discs but boy, let me tell you, it's no fun. System specs:Vista 32 with SP11 120gb HD, 1 250gb HD, 1 1-Terabit SATA HDnVidia 8800GTS 512mb PCI-EFS 9.1 Appreciate any help!-RickP.S. No problem running any add-on a/c with FSX, which is also installed.

Guest lgvpilot1

I may have got the wrong end of the stick here (i usually do!)Are you saying you just want to reinstall the winmm.dll file ?If so http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?winmmThis is one of many sites where you can download specific .dllsIt should be free to download and i suppose there is no harm in scanning it with your antivirus once downloaded.Mark

Never mind. After much hair pulling (that's the excuse I'm using for this spot on my head with no hair hahah) I have figured out what it is. Or rather, what it WAS. It seems there is a problem with my SSTSim Concorde installation. Uninstalled that and all was fine. So, I'm going to try to reinstall it and see if it triggers the problem again. Not sure why it was going on since it HAD been working fine. Go figure.-Rick