Sign in to follow this  
Guest nkcole

FS2Crew 747 Edition

Guest nkcole

Hi everyone...first time posting (read I'm a newbie to this). I installed FS2Crew for FSX and when I opened it up from my desktop and went to the Default FSX 747 tab it says that FSX is installed wrong and I have to fix a registry problem, so therefore everything is inopp. Any suggestions? Your help would be appreciated.

You have a retail version of FSX (Deluxe or Standard), correct, with no cracks applied?When you installed FSX, did you for some reason 'uncheck' the box that allows you to install "for all users".FS2Crew looks for the location of your FSX.exe in your registry:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator10.0Using Regedit, make sure that entry is there.Chrs,Bryan

Guest nkcole

Hi Bryan,Thanks for your help. I used regedit and only found the folder for the demo and no folder for the full game, which I did purchase. How can I fix that? By the way, you just about stumped me with your last post so speak slowly!!Regards,Randy

Guest nkcole

Hey Bryan,I did a complete reinstall of FSX and everything is going great now...(must have been a conflict with the demo version I had earlier)just printing your manual (80 pp huh?)and making the necessary changes. I am kickin' a.. now.Regards,Randy

Guest kingcoil

I'm having the same problem with FS9. I added an FS9key so the registry folder list now looks like this:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator9.0but it didn't fix the problem, and I'm not sure what, if any, values need to be assigned to this key. I tried adding a string value called AppPath with the path to FS9.exe as the value, but that doesn't work. Exactly what should the complete registry entry for FS9.exe be? Thanks.

FS9????FS2Crew Default 747 is for FSX only.However, for your info the FSX beta damages the FS9 Registry entry when you uninstall it.Flight1 released an FS9 Registry repair tool, available here:http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=libraryAll the best,Bryan