Sign in to follow this  
Guest jschlen

Need some Help Please

Guest jschlen

HiI am sort of a newbie.I haven't played with serious flight sims including MS's in quite some time, so bear with me.The PS2 software is totally new to me and I am a bit lost.I have run thru this 3 times now and I can not progress beyond the PF.Everything has happened up to and including the FO calling for start and pushback and him setting the beacon sw to 'on', but the yellow light never goes out.I suspect I may have missed doing something and that is holding the PF up.The part of the tutorial I think I may be wrong with is page 35.When I do the Capt's check list is there anything I have to set or change on the GPS( I have the preloaded flight plan in there)?At the bottom of page 35 is a note about the TA in Korea being 14000 ft which I entered in the first menu.Is there somewhere else I need to enter that figure? My other question is about general functionality of the software.When I start a checklist the tutorial says press the main button to start the checklist and wait until the voice is finished before pressing it again.OK..when I press the main button the PS2 menu disappears.Is that normal?Does the next press trigger the next event or just bring the menu back and do I have to press it again to trigger the next event?Any help appreciatedSchlen

Hello Schlen,I'll try to help you out:1. By "PS2 Software" are you refering to FS2Crew? I'm not quite certain what PS2 is in reference to. Pls explain.2. By "PF" are you refering to the Pilot Flying or the Pre-Flight checklist?Please take a look at this tutorial video. It was made for the PMDG version, but the default 747 version is basically a clone of the PMDG version so it's all basically the same and still relevent:http://66.135.39.111/fs2crew/FS2Crew747Video1.zipYou can see how thing should look in action.3. GPS: You don't need to change it. Assuming you loaded the Tutorial flight plan, your route will be pre-loaded in the GPS. There is however a switch on the default 747 panel (it's like a source selector). Make sure it set to GPS and not NAV. That way when you click NAV on the autopilot, the autopilit will follow the GPS route and not a VOR station or whatever you have tuned in NAV 1.4. TA: In the PMDG 747 Edition, you would need to enter 14,000 feet in the FMC for the TA. But since the Default 747 does not have an FMC, you don't need to do anything. 5. Menu disappearing: You mean the whole FS2Crew Main Selector Panel disappears when you press the Main Button? If that's the case, that shouldn't happen. Try re-assigning the Main Button to another joystick button.Let me know if you need more help.Chrs,Bryan

Guest jschlen

Hi BryanI wrote the above after a long election day at work.I'm embarrased to say that PS2 was my consistant typo for a shortened name of your FS2Crew software.Sorry 'bout that.As to the rest, the video and your suggestions helped me sort it all out and everything is fine now.Enjoying the software very much.ThanksSchlen