Sign in to follow this  
Guest stefaandk

FS2Crew dies sometimes and how does the FA / PA stuff work

Guest stefaandk

Not sure what I do to trigger it, it seems to happen at random times.Sometimes mid procedures on the ground.Sometimes midair. I don't particularly "do" anything else during that time apart from change camera views every now and then and deal with ATC.I then save and reload the flight and start FS2Crew again skipping the pre dep events.Is it possible I am somehow stopping FS2Crew.I bought FS2crew from simmarket a week ago now, would that include the patch?Another question I have is regarding the FA / PA buttons.The FA button just gives me a busy tone, not sure what I should be able to do here?The PA is pretty straightforward, just wondering about those emergencies or the smoking in the lavatory announcement. Are they random, as in the FA will inform me of those randomly after which I respond or do they need to be triggered somehow?

Hi,Please install the patch from the FS2Crew Downloads Page.It's just dies: Sorry, you'll need to be more specific in order for me to give you any possible advice. I'm not sure how you could "stop" FS2Crew. The interface was designed to help ensure things like that don't happen.Busy signal: That will occur if you select a door "other" than 2 Left. Select Door 2 Left station when calling the PA, and you will hear a ringing sound and the FA will answer. This is documented in the manual.Smoke in the Lav: It's a random event. Fly enough and you should get it, along with other random events.Cheers,Bryan

Guest stefaandk

With Dies, I mean that none of the buttons work anymore, and when I click on FP again it has the option "START" again.Thx

Guest stefaandk

Ok, had this happen twice now where all of a sudden the fs2crew buttons stop working as well as the primary key.And each time it was after I had been changing camera views around a lot.Apart from that I can't really find a reason, I installed the patch but it's still doing it.It's a nuisance as I need to reload my flight and start fs2crew again.Apart from that I'm really enjoying flying with this addon.Cheers

Guest stefaandk

I kept flying the same approach until I was able to reproduce the issue each time.I have found what triggers FS2crew to break, well for all the buttons to become unclickable.I fly in the 3D cockpit, but I sometimes overlay the 2D over the 3D one to check whether certain buttons are set, like the main AP which doesnt get updated in the 3D view.When I have looked at this 2D over my 3D view the buttons break, nothing is clickable.The Copilot still calls out the landing events, but I can't interact with FS2crew, also main and secondary buttons become inoperable.That's definitely what is causing it for me, as long as I stay away from that view FS2crew keeps working.

Hi,Thank you for the detailed report.How do you overlay the 2D cockpit over the 3D cockpit? I'm not quite sure I follow what you're doing.If I'm in the VC and I want to look at the 2D cockpit, I just switch cockpit views using the 'S' key.Cheers,Bryan

Guest stefaandk

SHIFT+1 is what I got it mapped too, I'm pretty sure that's the default still.It allows you to drop the 2D cockpit onto any view currently in.

Guest stefaandk

Yeah it's no biggie, at least I know now what to avoid and I'm glad I found the exact trigger to the issue.I really blame MS for not having all buttons active in 3D view.

Hi,I checked it out and I'm glad you discovered this rather obscure issue.There doesn't appear to be a work-around on my end owing to the way FS treats VC and 2D cockpits. Perhaps I'll ask ACES if they can explain this phenomenon.Cheers,Bryan