Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Beta 5 out

Guest cbuchner1

The "switch off" refers to supplying phototerrain landclass.For FSX to pick this change up, you have to load a flight location entirely far from where you last were or you just restart your FSX.Then you will see default scenery.

Guest The Wizard of Oz

What settings in particular? Note that I can get blurries as I indicated in one of the main AVSIM threads on blurries and responded to by Phil Taylor.Your obs that its affected by resolution is interesting - I'm just wondering whether one of the factors is indeed overcommitment of video memory.Christian do you have any thoughts on this.?WOZ

Hi,Well in my case I saw a VERY noticable difference when I dropped the resolution from 1600x1200 to 1280x1024. It is interesting when reading these threads that people have been talking about CPU speeds and memory but no one is talking about the resolution they are running when getting blurry tiles.Last night I went back to YH maps over the city of Melbourne Aus. It was pin sharp using their browser viewer at the highest res. I have flown over this area in a heli at 1500ft and observed it was blurry even if I was hovering for quite while. So I went up to 6000' ft and from the o/s view looking down directly over the heli I was able to see the same sharp res. that the YH browswer shows. Hmmm....maybe I have been flying too low ;)