Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Beta 5 out

Guest cbuchner1

Beta 5. Get it while it's hot and before it becomes moldy...Let me know if things don't work as expected. I wasn't ableto do the FSX RTM regression testing this time, as my wifeis currently occupying the other PC for watching chinesemovies ;)Things that I DID NOT manage to get into this release are:- Support for Autogen annotation (starting the SDK's annotator tool)...- improvements for the installer (validating the user's choices)- suppression of white tiles in the ocean (around islands etc)But among the new features that you will get are:- an additional supported map service (Y.....!)- performance improvements for SP1 users (compared to Beta 4)- an ingame menu in FSX SP1 (and hopefully in FSX RTM too) which offers some controls for tileproxy- the ability to easily fall back to default scenery by not starting proxyUser- an offline mode (using caches exclusively)- metadata in the BMP tiles, which allow the switching of services. Existing tiles from a different service will simply get replaced. No need to call cleanup.bat for switching service.- the ability to load higher quality zoom levels in larger regions around the aircraft (zoom level remapping)- a German translation of the manualMake sure you have a look at the new configuration options in the ProxyUser.INI.NEW file that gets created when you tell the installer to NOT overwrite your existing ProxyUser.INIThe next beta release (6) will focus more on the usability aspects. Too many people fail to successfully use the software because it is not guiding the user much and because its debug output messages are too cryptic. That needs to be fixed. But allow 4-6 weeks for the beta 6.One more note:Turning on and off TileProxy during flight or switching the online service during flight may not be successfull, as you really need to force FSX to reload everything (landclass, all tiles etc). That can usually only be achieved by restarting the entire FSX or by selecting a flight location that is REALLY FAR FROM YOUR CURRENT LOCATION. i.e. the other side of the globe. ;)

Guest Challenger604

Awesome!! I hope it solves the google issue. Thinking the program is a spam program thus making TP unusable.Thanks a Million!!!!

Guest cbuchner1

Cannot really change the behavior of Googles servers....But now there is two alternatives in case Google does not work for you.

Guest BazzaLB

Hi Christian,Does this make any BMPs stored from BETA 4 invalid now? Will Beta 5 now redownload all scenery that has already been retrieved by BETA 4 even from the same service being as there is no Meta Data in the Beta 4 BMPs?

Guest Challenger604

I just need to figure out how to configure my .ini file to not look at google. Can anyone post an idea on how to get Yahoo working?And did I miss in the manuel where it said how to keep the cached tiles ingame?

I have got the YH maps going but the TP windows is complaining about meta data.If I have cached an area with GE then start using YH maps, how do the two area folders interact? Does YH overwrite GE files?

With beta 5 what is the method, once an area is cached, to use the photo scenery without TP running?

Guest wrdekler

Can anyone please tell me how to get the (maximum) highres tiles to show up with FSX SP1 & (the awesome) Tileproxy B5? I know that there are some issues with SP1 (blurries) but you should at least be able to get a highres picture when you pause FSX and do a refresh? When I get below 5000ft the area starts to look really ugly and not comparable at all to what the providers show in the webbrowser or some of the screenshots posted here.I've tried all three providers but it just isn't happening. Performance seems to be fine though, around 300 and up to 1000 when loading a previously cached area.Things already checked/done:antivirus disabled (really helped the performance)FIBER FRAME set to .40Level of detail radius: tried both medium and highrun cleanup.batgo to scenery option and back during flight.No provider timeouts.Thanks!

As usual amazing, and the direction this is going is even more amazing! Thanks again for your work.I was able to get the y service going, though for my area of the world the g one still seems best. I have tried switching services from the menu in flight and that seems to work-but only after you restart the sim-is that correct?http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest wrdekler

Problem with "lowres" picture quality solved! :)1 - FSX.CFG wasn't modified with the settings as written in the manual. 2- Changed MAX_LOD to 17 (I hope that DX10 and 1GB cards will offer more as posted in an other thread).It's looking GREAT now, THANKS Christian!One more thing, when I choose Disable Tileproxy, it just keeps working...? The CMD window mentions "Switching Tileproxy OFF"...

Guest Challenger604

Will try this. Keeping fingers crossed. Thanks everyone for their patience.

Guest The Wizard of Oz

Go to the scenery Library and just click OK. World -> Scenery Library ->OK Wait for the reload and the textures should be clear. This is considerably better than using the available 'refresh' option which can just give you the same blurries if you have them.WOZ

Hi Woz,What settings are you using to get FSX & TP working on the Triplehead2go? I have managed to get TPbeta5 to work 1280x1024 100knots plus with 1m res on the tiles. I've got Vista Ult. c2d@3G 8800GTS@600/1000 158.24 forceware driver but cannot get the Bell Jetranger past 80knots @1600x1200 before FSX gives ups and the blurries begin. The TH2go works fine @3840x1024 on FSX default scenery.

Guest Tashunca-Uitco

I tried this new version yesterday . It seems to works well with SP1 , far better than precedent version . And I tried the new server Ya.. , it's famous in Mt Rainier area , better than VE ( black and white ) , and GE ( low resolution) .Great ! :-halo