Sign in to follow this  
Guest cbuchner1

Found excellent graphics rendering code.

Guest cbuchner1

I have found an excellent graphics library called Antigrain Geometry by a very talented author. It provides functions for rendering images (both vector and bitmapped). In fact it is the holy grail of rendering. This code is under GPL license and hence can be used within proxyUser.exe without problem.I intend to explore the new possibilities and use this for several purposes within Tileproxy:-High quality graphics scaling (resampling)-gamma and contrast correction for graphics-high quality rendering of land/water masksThe speed of this library appears excellent, most of the provided rendering demos run at interactive speeds with sliders and knobs to play with.This library saves me from having to invent code to accomplish most image processing tasks. The code I could possibly come up with is not as capable or as fast as this library.Christian

Sounds promising. So that means that future tileproxy versions might be able to adjust the quality of tiles to a more even quality level, just like the preprocessed packages like Megascenery?

Guest Challenger604

Why do I have a feeling that Matthew Laban has a faster computer than me... SO this update means that I could use other servers besides the goog and get higher quality faster loading tiles...?

Guest wyoming

he gets his images from. He seems to be building a whole sim from scratch. Which is, I think, what this hobby needs.