Sign in to follow this  
hilton

Beta 7 feedback

Christian,Fantastic. I did a complete re-load and started fresh.TP dialog window is very diffferent with oval shaped areas showing which tiles are downloaded.The Issue with Vista and corrupt tiles has been fixed (I think).The graduated shoreline colour is much better.The colour of the sea is very good - it was too dark previously.My captchaform now functions.Tiles per second figure is astronomical - I won't brag.The sim runs very smoothly.Very well doneBernard

Guest cbuchner1

Yes, TPS seconds are really quity satisfying now - if the CPU is quick enough. I am also enjoying Tileproxy more than previously. Now FSX is the main limiting factor in terms of tile access speed. It basically loads the scenery as fast as it is able to.I am not yet preloading the high res tiles (LOD 13 and above, i.e. BMPs size >= 256x256 pixel). By doing so, I could generate another slight performance boost - but on Vista I was seeing some graphics corruption when I tried that once. So I backed away from it.I will investigate mainly Autogen and/or synthetic seasonal texrtures in the coming months... There are still some unchallenged CPU cores on a Quad CPU ;)Christian

The only time I have had a crash is when I was flying in full screen mode using GE scenery and a captcha form wanted to come on. At this point FSX decided to close itself down with an error message that mentioned corrupt data.I have never had a crash when using VE in full screen. I have not used the other providers thus far.This version of TP works very well with VE but not as well with GE. This is just a visual observation. VE data over Scotland is pin sharp providing I do not fly too fast whereas GE over the Canaries is more of a struggle.I have now flown in a number of locations using new and cached data and I can confidently say that the blurred tile with Vista issue is fixed.Bernard

Guest Stoopy

Ditto here, had exact same crashes and disabling the hooking was the immediate (and very effective) fix.Which was quite a relief...I'd used TileProxy with great success on my old system with FSX RTM but stopped after SP1/SP2-XPack came along since things went blurrier and then SP2 didn't work with it...since then have a new system and seeing TPBeta7, and the water masls (WOW!) and the faster load time (GREAT!) and the SP2-compatability (THANK YOU) I really wanted to get back in and took the plunge last night.Also used the sample ProxyUser.ini from the tutorial (AGAIN THANKS!) which was a huge help, but I'd recommend that Hooking be disabled by default since this can trip a few people up?FANTASTIC WORK and THANK YOU!!!

Guest cbuchner1

I'll see how I can make that more reliable. After all, patching a program in memory while it's running is risky business ;)oh by the way did FSX shut down because of a "Date Execution Prevention (DEP)" issue or did it shut down with a "typical" application crash?Christian

Christian,It looked like an application crash because FSX just switched off leaving TP to talk to itself. My computer was fine.I have not been able to reproduce the error despite a complete and very satisfying circumnavigation of Gran Canaria using GE.I have improved matters ( previous sluggishness ) by changing Fibre Frame to 1.10 and winding my cpu up to 3.34gigs. I was flying at 75kias.I used both windowed and full screen mode on and off with no problems.Bernard