Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

barryward12345

Can't achieve same clarity as browser

My FSx/TP installation is working really nicely.However , one thing that seems to be setting it back is that I can't seem to get the same clarity of ground textures in the Sim as what I can see in the browserFor example, in the browser, you can zoom right in (equivalent to flying low??) and see high res textures clearly (where they are available). But in the Sim, flying low makes everything look worse - and to me, it seems that you need to fly around 3500 feet to get a nice representation.I have tried a number of different level re-mapping schemes in the INI file - but not achieving what I am looking for. It also seems that many times, the clarity of the textures closest to the a/c are in fact less clear than those a bit further away (in front of the a/c) - this seems to be the same whether I have used remapping or not.Any thoughts please?Thanks Barry

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Barry,I have the exact same problem. I've verified that the map versions are the same also. I'm out of variables to change and basically have given up. With the browser I can see my child in the pool and distinguish which horse is in the corral; while flying I can tell that something is causing water movement and that there is a horse, I think I'm one level of magnification lower while flying.Best,Brian

I am wondering whether the Sim is actually updating all the textures while on the fly - I can PAUSE the Sim for quite a while and all the TP "ovals" are full, but the near textures are not really clear. If I then reload the sim textures via the "RELOAD SCENERY" command in the Sim, I then get much clearer textures close-upBarry

Barry,I suppose it could be the case. I can achieve great clarity, just never the "zoom" level from within the sim as without??Brian

Hmm - I have just been flying around the Norfolk Broads area in the UK (will be there for a couple of days next month) - and while I have been reasonably happy flying the Cessna at 120 Knots, I have just had a better expereince with TP flying the ultra-light at around 60 Knots. Much clearer ground textures - especially those up close to the a/cBarryhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/187352.jpg