Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

Difference between night and day!

I am posting this here in this forum - rather than the general FSx or Screenshots forum - because mostly the participants in this forum are already TP enthusiasts.Try this.In default FSx, go to airport FAYP and do a circular flight around the immediate area and land at FACT (Capetown International airport)- about 20 minutes.Then download and install the mesh addon files for South Africa to be found in the SCENERY section of AVSIM files. ( there are 5 files) . Then do the same flight in TP using using Service Provider 2.The difference is mind blowing!! - the addon mesh and the TP textures are what this Sim is really all about for me. It is a bit unfortunate that you have to fly slowly - but I have found that I am starting to enjoy not only flying slower a/c - but even looking for them in the FS addon places. :-) This area is of course the area of Capetown in South Africa - with the famous Table Mountain featuring prominently . The rest of the area is also extremely scenic - and I did not realise that capetown is so large. Barry

Guest rbrown3rd

I agree Barry. Capetown has been one of my favorite places to fly with FSX and Tileproxy. The additional detail of the mesh you suggest is indeed an amazing enhancement. Your suggestion to fly there is indeed an excellent one. Thanks for posting here so others can enjoy what we are seeing.

You know what - I must be going a bit senile!!x( Before I started playing around with this SA scenery, I went to "Flash Earth" - and I will swear that it was showing me that only service provider 2 G****** had high res coverage of that area. I was unsure of how I would go wih that service provider because of the way they do things ( as it turned out, I had no problems) -- but anyway, now Flash Earth is showing me that Service providers 1 and 3 also have high res coverage - in fact number 3 looks the best to me.Barry