Sign in to follow this  
Guest knack

Sound

Guest knack

Hi Bryan,I've installed the FSX version of fs2crew for the Level-D.Everything works as advertised except for the sound volume. It is extremely low and none too clear as well. I need to turn my gain control way up in order to understand what is being said but by that same token all other sounds are amplified to the max as well (especially the Radar Contact voices).Any ideas on how to deal with this issue (apart from a re-install which I am considering). I am running Windows Vista Home Premium, FS-X (Sp1). My souncard is a Creative X-fi with the latest drivers installed.Cheers!Tony

Hi Tony,The sound files are just simple wav files. To help rule things out, go into the FSX/Sounds/FS2Crew/767 folder. There you can listen to the sound individually.Only way to artificially increase/decrease the volume of sound is to raise/lower the other ambient FS sounds (environmental, engine, etc).The other option is to manually increase/decease the wav volume using a wav editor. If you do a batch job you could do it in seconds.As for not being clear: I'd check your sound card settings. Maybe try the default settings? This is the first time anyone has suggested the voices are not clear.All the best,Bryan

Guest knack

The strangest things happen in Windows :-hmmm Seems that the sound problem was caused by a changed setting in my Creative menu. It's ok now, but...After installing FS2Crew I cannot exit FSX without the program stopping to respond. I have to use the task manager to force quit. So, I decided to un-install FS2Crew. FSX now shuts down correctly. The strangest part, however, is the fact that I cannot select the Level-D (even though it is still in my SimObjects/Airplanes folder) as it simply does not show up in the available aircraft window of FSX. Yes, I do have Show all variations checked.This happened only after I un-installed FS2Crew.Any ideas??Cheers,Tony

Hi Tony,Glad the sound issue is resolved.As for the other stuff. Hard to say, the only connection between FS2Crew and the Level-D 767 is the panel.cfg file. When you uninstalled FS2Crew, the original (non FS2Crew) panel.cfg should have automatically been restored.Out of curiosity, was a FS2Crew sound playing when you tried to exit out of FS?I'd do this to clear up any possible gremlins in this order:1. Reinstall the Level-D 767. Do a test flight.2. Install FS2Crew.3. Install the Level-D Update.4. Install the latest FS2Crew update.I haven't received a report like yours before, so this is the best place to start.Cheers,Bryan

Guest knack

Hi again Bryan!Happy to report that the re-install process solved everything!Looking forward to your next "miracle" to bring us even closer to that ubiquitous "As Real As It Gets"... :-hahCheers, mate!! :-beerchug Tony