Sign in to follow this  
Guest DaveKDEN

GMAX Commander

Guest Jet

Can I get a few reactions/responses form anyone who has upgraded?I'm about to do it and was just curious what everyone thought.It sounds like they even tweaked the flight model..can anyone comment?Thanks.

Myself and probably many others are waiting for the update version to be released, since I already own the original. The new features sound really great. I am especially interested in th engine damage modeling and maintenance. Sounds like a really cool feature.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

Guest drobson

As soon as the update for previous owners is available, I'll be there to get it! If you do not have the original version, I'd highly recommend that you pick up the new GMAX version. You will not be disappointed. (If you are, I'd guess that you are beyond help and hope) ;-)Darrell

I should be one of a kind since I didn't have the Commander. I "lost" to much time with airliners. Anyway:Model: superb specially with Marcelo paintingsPanel 2D: Very good with a nice popup or full panel option. Although personally I would like to see the radio stack integrated in the panel with an optional pop up to enlarge but maybe it wasn't possible due to space.VC: I think that FSD really want me to use it. A nice touch are the 3D knobs.Sound: Never heard a commander.Installation: No problems. There is a new registration process but it was with no problems.Engine monitoring: why only now? It's something that should be standard in all planes.I'm using with RealityXP Garmin option so I could pass the 430 since the 530 gives me the com1/com2 Nav1/Nav2 but for simmers without this addon it's necessary. For me it's a plane to my flights in Azores (40-200NM) and bellow FL100. I'm really very happy with her.Jos

After the post I launched FS and applied full power for maybe 10m. The CHT and oil temperature started to rise,the oil pressure to drop and after a while I got a big black smoke coming from the engine and the engine died.Jos