Sign in to follow this  
wheelerbg

dcrew0.GAU Problem

Hello, Bryan. The download and install of FS2Crew PMDG 747-400X seemed to go fine. When I select the PMDG 747 Aircraft in FSX (SP1), it does the normal .GAU validations for about 8 or so files, then hangs for about 20 seconds, and finally brings up the problem dialog screen giving me the "do you want to find a solution on the Web/restart"? The details button gives me the following:Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: fsx.exe Application Version: 10.0.61355.0 Application Timestamp: 4643ee0a Fault Module Name: dcrew0.GAU Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 46379cf6 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00001c28 OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033I have re-downloaded FS2Crew, reinstalled and uninstalled several times. I uninstalled the PMDG747X product and reinstalled. I've selected the "Restore original PMDG panel..." button a few times, plus its counterpart. Have deleted the FSX.CFG and let it rebuild.Everything on my PC (Vista 32-bit, ATI Radeon 2600XT Graphics, 4 GB RAM) works fine normally. FSX has no problems and the PMDG 747 flies fine on its own. If I restore the original PMDG panel, the aircraft load goes fine. But if I select the FS2Crew panel, crash on dcrew0.gau every time. If I rename the dcrew0.gau, then load the aircraft, the rest of the gauges will then load/ask for validation. But not the dcrew0. I think I've hit the end of my known options. Can you assist? Thanks.Barrie

Hi Barrie,I haven't had that one reported before, but I suggest this for starters. I hope it helps:1. Re-install DirectX 9C from the Microsoft website. Don't worry if you have Vista. DirectX10 and 9 are separate; they co-habitate on Vista.2. If that doesn't work, try disabling DEP globally. Be sure to restart your computer when done. Instructions:http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/01/15/d...-windows-vista/Cheers,Bryan

Bryan, I turned off the DEP as suggested and rebootet; no luck. Then tried the update for directx 9C, but was already current, so it doesn't go any further. Still have the same fatal error screen. Also updated to latest graphics drivers, but no luck.The PC is pretty much a dedicated FSX box, with only the main FSX add-ons installed along with FSX inself. So it's pretty clean and has never had trouble. Really makes me wonder where the conflict is...What does the dcrew0.GAU do? I'm assuming it's a critical piece of FS2Crew and I wouldn't want to run without it. Would appreciate any further thoughts you might have. Thanks.Barrie

Hi Barrie,DCrew0 is the gauge that handles DirectX Direct Input (used for the button/joystick assignments).I'm scratching my head over why this is happening on your system...Some more things to try:1. The PMDG is set to load by default using the 2D cockpit (there is a menu box for this in FSX)?2. Restore the Gaugesound.dll via the Start CenterAlso, when you installed FS2Crew for the first time, did you select 'always trust' for the gauge publisher?I'm guessing that perhaps you may have accidentally selected 'don't trust' for a gauge, which could cause the phenomena you're describing since all the gauges are interconnected.Cheers,Bryan

Bryan, sorry, my oversight. I got going on the install and had the joystick unplugged. Definitely creates a problem when you're loading up the PMDG747 after FS2Crew is installed. It's corrected now and things look just fine. Thanks for your assistance.Barrie