Sign in to follow this  
Guest johnsquires

LNAV problem

Guest johnsquires

somebody please helpme, Im fairly familiar with most FMC's but ive tried to master this one and im sure im overlooking something simple.i can plan the route and EXECUTE on the fmc and everthing is rosy, ie the magenta route path line appears etc on the SFD however when i press LNAV the light comes on but the #### thing will not fly the programmed route.....What am i missing?ive never had this problem with any other FMCi acknowledge that this software is inherently more complex however i cant get past first base at the minute.Please help.....

Guest FlightLevel380

set your IRS position.origin & destination.type in your "LEGS" then type your destination at the end of "legs" and delete discontinuity.Activate flight plan.press "perf Init"type in your cruise altitude.click LSK 1, to automatically calculate weights. (Maybe LSK 2 and 3 too, I forget)I usually use 10% reserves and 70% cost index/efficiency.Press THRUST LIMITflaps 20Press THRUST LIMIT to get to TAKEOFF REF and click the v1 vr v2 refs and the trim.set your MCP speed to the v2 setting in your FMC and set your trim (next to your throttle quadrant).Once you know your departure runway heading; select it in the departure menu of the FMC and then Activate it. Go back to "Perf Init" and then click the vref and trim settings again to recalculate vref.You should be good to go!This is a great tutorial for this by Jared "Smitty" Smith: http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/Mike