Sign in to follow this  
Guest rafvr

Location - Location

Hi all :-)Having just discovered the marvellous iFly 747, I would like to know if there is a particular or recommended site at which to obtain all the updates, patches etc etc. I have the SP`s 1-3 for FSP but untill reading this forum didn`t realise there is an SP1 for the FSX version.I`m currently printing out the Manual and it look as though a "steep learning curve" is a gross understatement :-(Belated Happy New Year to all -Good FlyingGeorge

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi George,Welcome to the forum. AFAIK, there is no separate download of the service packs. I justhad to download the whole shebang again.While the learning curve is brutal, just pick one area to deal withat a time. You might also want to look at the "PMDG Ops" and PMDGcustomer support pages (www.precisionmanuals.com). Their manualis proprietary (i.e. you have to buy the PMDG 747X to get it) butthere is a lot of useful information that will map onto the iFlyversion. I particularly recommend their Type Rating Courses. Part 1is about starting the plane. It goes into more detail than theiFly documentation does. Oh - definitely print out the checklists. You will need them. TheiFly 747 is really sensitive to the order in which things are done.If you skip over one "minor" checklist item, the plane may notstart. Early on, I turned on the yaw dampers too soon, and couldnot the the plane off the ground.So, follow them exactly, and ask questions here - that's why Tomset up this forum.dan

Thanks Dan - I`ll download that tutorial and guess I`ll keep a regular visit to this forumCheersGeorge