Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Beeline

Two questions

Hi folks,-- I am still puzzled about adding PMDG sids and stars to IFLY. I have the latest (0803) which PMDG0803.exe placed in the FS2004/pmdg/Sidstars folder. I have copied all the sid and star files to FS2004/Ifly/B747/Navdata/Sidstars, but as .txt files they are a different format to the original ****.sid files, which were divided into *.sid, *.sidtrs,*.app and *.apptrs. I ask all this because Sids and Stars still rarely show up when flight planning with the FMS. Does anybody know what should go where?-- I keep finding that I cannot enter VORs into a flight plan even thought they are in the IFLY navigation database. For example, I wanted to set up a departure from EGKK with the first waypoint being Seaford VOR (SFD) but I simply get an error message. But if I tune the radio panel to 117.0 it finds SFD straight away. I have had this problem at numerous locations. Entering fixes such as Bogna and Hardy is not a problem, this only seems to happen with VORs.Is this another bug or am I doing something wrong?ThanksPS what has happened to most of the posts on this forum? They seem to have disappeared.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>Hi folks,>>-- I am still puzzled about adding PMDG sids and stars to>IFLY. I have the latest (0803) which PMDG0803.exe placed in>the FS2004/pmdg/Sidstars folder. I have copied all the sid and>star files to FS2004/Ifly/B747/Navdata/Sidstars, but as .txt>files they are a different format to the original ****.sid>files, which were divided into *.sid, *.sidtrs,*.app and>*.apptrs. I ask all this because Sids and Stars still rarely>show up when flight planning with the FMS. Does anybody know>what should go where?The first thing to do is to go to Terry's planepath.com site and download the iFly-specific navdata. Inside that zip file is a readme that explains the sequence of updating data in iFly. As you noticed, the iFly and PMDG data do not share a format. >-- I keep finding that I cannot enter VORs into a flight plan>even thought they are in the IFLY navigation database. For>example, I wanted to set up a departure from EGKK with the>first waypoint being Seaford VOR (SFD) but I simply get an>error message. But if I tune the radio panel to 117.0 it finds>SFD straight away. I have had this problem at numerous>locations. Entering fixes such as Bogna and Hardy is not a>problem, this only seems to happen with VORs.>>Is this another bug or am I doing something wrong?Yep, it's a bug. In another thread, it was mentioned that there is no workaround for it right now. Plus, I suspect having some navdata in the right format and some in the wrong format is adding to the, umm, fun. Given what you've described, you should probably completely uninstall iFly and reinstall it. Be sure to create a system restore point before the uninstall and before the re-install. If you are up to such things, it would be good to check your registry and remove any references to iFly. Do the usual before messing with the registry - back it up, create a system restore point, the usual. The other iFly threads are in the main FSX forum. This subforum was created by Tom because of the number of questions that keep coming up. I'm sorry about the delay in answering. Monthly chemo a few days ago slows me down.Post again if you continue to have problems or questions.danp.s. definitely uninstall/reinstall or the navdata info could get really messed up...

Thanks Dan. I will try a reinstall and see if that helps, don't know if I'm brave enough to try the registry changes though.Clive

Hi Clive,Then don't worry about the registry changes. I took a look last night and there wasn't anything that would goof up the navdata. If it gets to the point where a registry key change is needed, I can always send you a .reg file that does the backup and then makes the change. You save the file and double-click on it, and that's it.Good luck with the uninstall-reinstall.dan