Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest cl300pilot

Unable To Load

i have tried to unistall and reinstall fs2004 and when its done installing i try to load the game and it says "The following is not responding or not working properly FSSound.dll" and it asks if i want to load or disable then i click load and fs2004 just closes on me!!!! can any one help me plzzzz asap. :(

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

i have tried to unistall and reinstall fs2004 and when its done installing i try to load the game and it says "The following is not responding or not working properly FSSound.dll" and it asks if i want to load or disable then i click load and fs2004 just closes on me!!!! can any one help me plzzzz asap. :(
You need to add the following section to your FS9.cfg config file:[OLDMODULES]fssound.dll=1That should fix your problem.R-PS -- This is also a test to see if square brackets diplay in the new forums. If not, then the word OLDMODULES should be enclosed in square brackets. R-

Using Notepad, add this to your FS9.cfg file:[OLDMODULES]FSSound.dll=1You can add it at the end if the file and FS will position it correctly when you restart the sim.Check first to see if you have the [OLDMODULES] label and if you do, just at the FSSound.dll=1 line.My copy of FSSound.dll is in my modules folder.You may also find this file useful if you need to uninstall and reinstall in the future:http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=123907Hope this helps.