Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest gotairbus

Ai Sounds

Hi there, got a question on AI aircraft sounds.If you notice while doing some plane-spotting, AI planes all have their respective sounds assigned to them.For example, the large jets have the loud "large jet" sounds, the Learjet 45 has the "small jet" sound, the turboprops have their turboprop sound, and the smaller GA aircraft has the piston properller engine sound.Thing is, I have AI aircraft that are regional airlines (eg) the Embraers and the CRJs. How do I make them have the "small jet" sound just like the Learjet 45 AI aircraft? Right now, they are using the "large jet" sounds, and i don't seem to be able to find the exact setting in the Aircraft.cfg file that lets me do what I need.Help appreciated :)Dexter.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi there, got a question on AI aircraft sounds.If you notice while doing some plane-spotting, AI planes all have their respective sounds assigned to them.For example, the large jets have the loud "large jet" sounds, the Learjet 45 has the "small jet" sound, the turboprops have their turboprop sound, and the smaller GA aircraft has the piston properller engine sound.Thing is, I have AI aircraft that are regional airlines (eg) the Embraers and the CRJs. How do I make them have the "small jet" sound just like the Learjet 45 AI aircraft? Right now, they are using the "large jet" sounds, and i don't seem to be able to find the exact setting in the Aircraft.cfg file that lets me do what I need.Help appreciated :)Dexter.
Is this for FSX? If so, the sound for AI aircraft is specified in the "soundai" folder. Within that folder is eithera series of WAV files and a "soundai.cfg" file or, if the sound is aliased to another aircraft, just as "soundai.cfg"file with an entry something like this:
[fltsim]alias=B737_400\sound

For4 the aircraft you wish to alter the sounds for, the simplest way is to alias the sound to another aircraft thatuses the sound files you are after.In FS9, I believe all you need to do is alias the sound in the "sound" folder by editing the "sound.cfg" file. I've notused FS9 in some time so my memory is foggy on that point. Paul

Wow,FSX has really expanded on the features of AI aircraft since FS9.Speaking of which however, I'm using FS9 and there's no such "soundai.cfg" files used anywhere in the game.I'm still stuck with this problem though.Thanks for helping though!

Hi,I believe it is the empty_weight value in the aircraft.cfg file, although I am very iffy on that point. If so, you probably don't want to change that since it will affect the flight behavior of the aircraft.Hope this helps,