Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Help With A Glass Texture

c152glass.jpgThis is the JF/Insider freeware C152. I want to delete the glass reflections so I can see right through it as clear as possible. I also want to get rid of the side window tint (green is ugly).Is there a way to do this?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

c152glass.jpgThis is the JF/Insider freeware C152. I want to delete the glass reflections so I can see right through it as clear as possible. I also want to get rid of the side window tint (green is ugly).Is there a way to do this?
I didn't like this either so I opened the reflection texture in Photoshop and "fooled" around with it. Sorry but I can't rememeber what I did but it was simple. I either made it darker or lighter. Anyway the fooling around was successfull. I do wish that aircraft developers would supply a non- relfective texture with their aircraft. I can't stand the green tint on the Carendo Mooney.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

The defuse map's (C152_reflection.dds) alpha channel greyscale level controls reflection. Solid black is maximum reflection and white turns it off.You can also change the green tint by changing the RGB channels from green to another color or shades of grey.Ron

I don't own PSP or Photoshop, but I have the freeware program Gimp. Would that work?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

The defuse map's (C152_reflection.dds) alpha channel greyscale level controls reflection. Solid black is maximum reflection and white turns it off.You can also change the green tint by changing the RGB channels from green to another color or shades of grey.Ron
Thanks for the RGB advice Ron. I'll give it a go when I find the time.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

I don't own PSP or Photoshop, but I have the freeware program Gimp. Would that work?
I'm not sure if Gimp can save in the DDS (DXT5) format but I'll bet it could save in one of the formats that ImageTool.exe can open. (*.bmp,*.tga, *.psd, *.r8, *.ppm, *.dds). You could then use Image Tool to save it as a *.dds (DXT5). Image Tool is part of the SDK.And I meant to say "Reflection Map" not "Defuse Map". Ops! :( Side note; It's usually not a good idea to open a compressed image, edit it, and re-save it as a compressed image over and over. Each iteration loses some quality. The best method is to edit the original master file (uncompressed) and save a copy for compression (DDS/DXT5) for use in the sim. But we don't have a choice here and its just a reflection map anyway.Ron