Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art_P

Atc Sharing Frequency?

Something occurred today that I have never encountered before. Flying IFR from Savannah GA to Raleigh-Durham NC and passing thru Fayetteville approach control, I was directed to change frequency to another controller and did. From that time on, I was hearing transmissions between two different controllers and aircraft they were directing. I missed some instructions because two conversations were going on at the same time. Even while on approach to Raleigh-Durham, I was also hearing another controller giving landing instructions to another aircraft, apparently at another airport because clearance was to a runway that didn't exist at Raleigh-Durham. Microsoft programming error, or twilight zone?

Art

Something occurred today that I have never encountered before. Flying IFR from Savannah GA to Raleigh-Durham NC and passing thru Fayetteville approach control, I was directed to change frequency to another controller and did. From that time on, I was hearing transmissions between two different controllers and aircraft they were directing. I missed some instructions because two conversations were going on at the same time. Even while on approach to Raleigh-Durham, I was also hearing another controller giving landing instructions to another aircraft, apparently at another airport because clearance was to a runway that didn't exist at Raleigh-Durham. Microsoft programming error, or twilight zone?
You probably had both comms on at the same time. We do that in rw too-listen to atis on one while listening to approach on another-that way you can turn off the atis if approach says something important.

Geofa

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE-the best Flight Sim!

You probably had both comms on at the same time. We do that in rw too-listen to atis on one while listening to approach on another-that way you can turn off the atis if approach says something important.
Thanks Geofa. That was dead-on. Apparently I accidentally mouse-clicked on the "Both" button at the top of the radio stack when moving it on the screen. I checked the saved flight and found that the "Both" button was illuminated.Art

Art