Sign in to follow this  
storminnorm80

Sim "hangs" Upon Overstress Or Crash...

As the title says, whenever I overstress the aircraft, or have a hard landing/crash, the screen just stays right where the incident happened, and an hourglass appears "forever", or until approx 3-4 minutes and I click the escape button, upon which I am put back at the freeflight window. Then I cannot change aircraft, time of day, weather, or airport. If I choose to go with the default flight, the loading window takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to load, and then the flight is a slide show, LITERALLY! I have to completely close out of FSX then restart it, and all is fine till the next "accident". All drivers are up to date. PC is defragged, and not OC'ed. Video Card is OC'ed when running any 3D games, and has been for over a year. No problems with any other programs or games. I have not added anything new or tweaked any files. This is the first time FSX has given me any trouble on its own....:( Any ideas?Best Regards,Norm

Hi Norm.It sounds like a Video driver problem, but it is hard to tell. I would revert back to Normal clock on everything, one thing at the time. If that does not help, try to reduce some of your add onds and try another version of Video driver. I've seen that / similar problem often times with Vista, but the good thing about it, and this is about the only good thing, is that Vista has very good log / troubleshooting utilities, and you can back track the errors. TV

As the title says, whenever I overstress the aircraft, ...Norm
Have you used the logbook checker to test for errors?