Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Alibubba

Quad Core Problems

A Moment of your timeI have been recently running Fly2 on a Sempron AMD processor with Windows XP and it worked fine, I"ve now upgraded to one of newer series quad core and Geofoce 9600 GT and when I try to run Fly2 it boots up to the first screen and thats it....nuthin else. I'm sure theres a tread somewhere in the forum that explains what to do but I haven't come across it and I'm sure there's a simple solution. Any direction would be much appreciated.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

A Moment of your timeI have been recently running Fly2 on a Sempron AMD processor with Windows XP and it worked fine, I"ve now upgraded to one of newer series quad core and Geofoce 9600 GT and when I try to run Fly2 it boots up to the first screen and thats it....nuthin else. I'm sure theres a tread somewhere in the forum that explains what to do but I haven't come across it and I'm sure there's a simple solution. Any direction would be much appreciated.
Try searching the forum for GeForce and render.ini . Having upgraded, you may also need to tweak your video info in the BIOS settings as well. I'm still running an old Ti4200 GeForce. Hopefully Roger M. will come along and see, as he recently upgraded his computer. Also, can look in the Fly! II section of the library for MemCalc (Memory Calculator) that helped one figure out values to input into the render.ini based upon memory ability of one's vid card.Hope this helps a little!Cheers,Ken