Sign in to follow this  

eDimensional glasses and weird visuals

Hello,I'm wondering if other eDimensional 3D glasses users have these issues:1) Control tower never seems to fit into the 3D landscape - it is always double and out of place with the 3D effect on.2) Taxiways/ramp areas at airports don't lay down well over the airport, making VFR navigation to a distant field a bit iffy.3) VASI lights never appear where they are supposed to be, and the 3D effect is the same double-vision-screwy-glitch as with the control towers.4) Strange "stuttered" effect at horizon, especially during turns.5) I just cannot get the 3D effect to work with the Diamond Katana DA-20 VC. Every other VC looks at least good. The Katana makes absolutely NO effort to appear 3D. The plane itself, in spot view, never seems to "fit" on the runway or in the scenery - it is simply a non-3D image, right at the front of the monitor, in an otherwise 3D world. Is this a glitch on my end or is it the way the plane is likely programmed?In general, the glasses work as advertised, and I'm very pleased. I've played with the separation/convergence controls, and everything else apprears fine.I'm using the newest omega nVidia and eDimensional 3D drivers with an Athlon XP 2000+ and MSI GF4 4400 video card.Has anyone else experienced these issues?Thanks for any thoughts,NMS

Guest kdfw

for the landscape/vasi problems, turn off 'transform & lighting' option in the fs2002 graphics hw setting page.

Yes I have suffered all of these maladies. 1, 2, and 3, are caused by Transform & Lighting as said by the previous poster, turn off T&L and those problems will dissapear. Problem 4, I have had the stuttering effect in turns, after upgrading to WinXP I have not had that problem. Under WinMe the problem wasn't bad enough to worry, just a bit aggrevating.5. I don't have the Diamond Katana however the same problem happens with the FSD Super Piper Cub. The virtual cockpit is not a real virtual cockpit. it is a 2D panel hybrid innto the VC apprantly. Nothing much can be done in this case, that I know about.I am using the nVidia Stero Drivers ver. 4303 downloaded from E-Dimensional website and the Omega 4345 Quality reference drivers for WinXP with great results.

Thank you both for your replies. I'll give these tips a try this evening. I forgot to mention the rest of my system specs:Athlon XP 2000+MSI nVidia 4400 Latest Omega/3D drivers1 gig RAMWin XP proSamsung 900NF monitorMost background tasks killed with end-it-all prior to loading FS2002Again,Thanks!N

I disabled T&L, and the graphics glitches went away. Should that have also thrown my framerates into the gutter as well? I went from smooth flying (with T&L enabled) to 6-7 FPS. The framerate seemed particularly bad with the 3D turned on.Thanks again for any help,NMS