Sign in to follow this  
Guest jjbuckles

Very Dark Glass Tint On Fsd Aircraft

Guest jjbuckles

Anyone else seen this ? I have the PC-6 and Navajo from FSD (new versions) and I run FSX on Vista-64 bit.Great aircraft with a fatal flaw. The VC glass is VERY darkly tinted. Its so dark the aircraft are almost unflyable. No kidding !The PC-6 is the worst. view out the windshield is like looking into a blue haze. The view out the other cockpit windows is fine.The problem file appears to be "glass-int.bmp" in the textures file, but doing anything to this file gives a black opaque view.This is not the infamous rain texture problem - I've downloaded that fix.FSD says its the fault of DX-10 and to turn off bloom and preview, but that makes it worse. They apparently have no other fix.None of the add-on aircraft I have from Captain Sim, FLight1, or Aerosoft have this problem, so its unique to FSD.Anyone have a fix ?thanksJeff

Could you list what Video card you are using ? I am in the process of modelling the full FSX version of the Navajo and might be able to provide some assistance.Thanks C.J

Guest jjbuckles

Hi Chuck,Its an nVidia GeForce 8800 GT. I have the latest drivers downloaded.Thanks.Jeff

Guest SteveS_FSD

Jeff,>The VC glass is VERY darkly tinted.Updated textures have been available for quite some time as a result of user feedback. Simply reinstalling the software using the latest installer will fix this problem for you.>FSD says its the fault of DX-10 and to turn off bloom and preview, but that makes it worse. No, that's not what we said. There are two issues here and they are unrelated. Firstly, it is the DX10 preview / beta (... whatever) "light bloom" that is what causes the widely reported texture white-outs with countless add-on designs - including ours. The DX10 induced white-out has nothing to do with the Porter & Navajo dark window tint issue you (and some others) have reported to us. That is a texture issue some of our users had which we fixed. We have never said or implied that DX10 had anything to do with the window tint. The two issues ((1) window tint and (2) DX10 bloom induced white-out) are unrelated. >They apparently have no other fix.Well, I think have already answered that. Can I add that it might be helpful to periodically browse our support forum ? That would help to keep you better up-to-date about issues like this. Rgds,

Guest jjbuckles

I bought this download only a few months ago. Are the new textures newer than that ?JeffHere is the e-mail reply sent to me Oct. 5, 2008:John,We are sorry you are having problems and we will do our best to help you.The amount of tint cannot be changed within the simulator. This is a DirectX/video card issue. Try changing the DX 10 Preview selection in your FS XSettings/Display menu. You can also try turning OFF Light Bloom on that samemenu. That might also help.Let us know if you require further assistance.***To respond to this message do not use the reply button. Please return to theFSD message terminal to send your message. Thank you.FSD InternationalWeb site: http://www.fsd-international.com

Guest SteveS_FSD

Jeff,>I bought this download only a few months ago. Are the new textures newer than that ?Yes, about three months ago, probably not long after you installed. Best,

Guest jjbuckles

Ah,that would be great !I'll try to see if I can figure out how to reinstall. My original download file appears to be gone, although I don't know how. I'm guessing there are instructions on the FSD website.JeffJeff

Guest SteveS_FSD

Jeff,The "Find lost license keys" link on the main will get you both your License data & new installers. The "Get new file link" will lead you to the new installers only. Best,

Guest jjbuckles

Success !got both planes reinstalled. they look great now .thanks for the tips Steve !Jeff

Guest SteveS_FSD

Hi Jeff,That's good to hear all's OK now - apart from the other DX10 issues which the community seems very polarised about. Anyway, we're more than happy to help you with this. We would like to be able to highlight this sort of update more widely, but posting advices is regarded as advertising, press releases get spiked for the same reason ... and so it's hard to get the news out. Frustrating for everybody, really. Best,