Sign in to follow this  
Guest buzz456

Fs Repaint Freeze Up

Guest buzz456

I am trying to do a repaint and FS Repaint keeps freezing up. It works fine on all but this one plane. It's Rick Piper's HS 748. Any thoughts? Anyone?Buzz

I am trying to do a repaint and FS Repaint keeps freezing up. It works fine on all but this one plane. It's Rick Piper's HS 748. Any thoughts? Anyone?Buzz
Downloadlink to the plane?Wich version of FSRepaint?XP or Vista?FS9 or FSX?Leen

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest buzz456
Downloadlink to the plane?Wich version of FSRepaint?XP or Vista?FS9 or FSX?Leen
hs748v1base.ziphs748texturepack1.zipon AVSIMversion 2XPFS9

hs748v1base.ziphs748texturepack1.zipon AVSIMversion 2XPFS9
Hi Buzz,I downloaded and installed this (great) model.Your problem is my problem too.The answer is simple , this model cannot be loaded nor edited in FSRepaint ( any version).The explanation quiet simple.Normally the textures for a livery are stored in the texturefolder within the aircraft folder.For this Hawker they choosed for another option to minimize the amount of Mb`s needed for the skins.The majority of the textures for this plane are stored in the Texture folder in the main directory of FS9.As FSrepaint is not capable of reading files from this location the story ends here.The "fallback" to the main texturefolder is programmed in the modelfile and FSRepaint cannot handle this phenomena.Sorry, :( Leen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hi Buzz,I downloaded and installed this (great) model.Your problem is my problem too.The answer is simple , this model cannot be loaded nor edited in FSRepaint ( any version).The explanation quiet simple.Normally the textures for a livery are stored in the texturefolder within the aircraft folder.For this Hawker they choosed for another option to minimize the amount of Mb`s needed for the skins.The majority of the textures for this plane are stored in the Texture folder in the main directory of FS9.As FSrepaint is not capable of reading files from this location the story ends here.The "fallback" to the main texturefolder is programmed in the modelfile and FSRepaint cannot handle this phenomena.Sorry, :( Leen de Jager
Well that is not entirely true...Many planes work with FSRepaint that have textures stored in the root "Texture File."CoolSky/Flight1 Super 80 for one. Real Air,Aero Plane Heaven and Dreamfleet/Flight1 Etc. all have textures in that folder. A long with several others.And they all show up.My understanding is the "Type" of program used to design the "Model" I.E. GMax or FSD(Flight Sim Design Studio). "How they were done in those programs." I.E. animations and they way the base textures were carried out. All effect the way they are seen by FSRepaint.Just my 2 cents.JeffJeff