Sign in to follow this  
Guest spiffyscimitar

Free Flight Take Off Problem

Guest spiffyscimitar

I'm having an odd issue.. I've just reinstalled FSX after a long hiatus, since I just bought a new rig. I've also installed Acceleration and the trial FTX scenery.For some reason now when I try to do any free flight from any given airport, everything loads in fine, but my aircraft is in this wierd state where the engine won't turn on, and my control inputs make the plane translate or spin around with complete lack of physics, like it was in edit mode or something. If I load a game mission, everything is fine however, I can turn the engine on and take off.Anyone ever experience something like this? I guess I could just reinstall everyhting but I'd obviously rather not. And if no one knows, then is there a way to start free flight already in the air, rather than on the ground?

Sounds like you are in slew mode. Press "Y" to turn it on/off.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest spiffyscimitar
Sounds like you are in slew mode. Press "Y" to turn it on/off.
Ha! That was it. Thanks. While I'm asking silly noob questions, is there a good way to filter what locations are water take-off locations for float planes?

Guest garwig2
While I'm asking silly noob questions, is there a good way to filter what locations are water take-off locations for float planes?
Unfortunately, no. But, if you search through the AVSIM library there are documents in there that people have put together listing the water runways. Even if you find something for FS04, the water runways probably haven't changed much.