Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest william273

Any Kingair 350 Gurus Out There?

when starting a flight with the engines running and i release the brakes the kingair almost takes off and i'm still at the ramp trying to taxi out.just moving the throttle a hairs width to get moving maybe 10 knots doesn't work or let's say i don't have the engine controls set correctly.barely moving the throttle to taxi gets me moving at 40 knots plus. throttling back does no good. how are the engine controls supposed to be set for taxiing? i read the info in the learning center but still need some help.william

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Try pulling the Condition Levers (the ones on the right side of the throttle quadrant) back to somewhere between 'Low Idle' and 'Cut-off'. The closer to cut-off (without having the engines quit) the better. This will lower the engine RPM and aid in controlling the taxi speed.Don't forget to place the Condition Levers at 'High Idle' just prior to takeoff. And then, pull them back again just after exiting the runway (after landing). :( Gene

Try pulling the Condition Levers (the ones on the right side of the throttle quadrant) back to somewhere between 'Low Idle' and 'Cut-off'. The closer to cut-off (without having the engines quit) the better. This will lower the engine RPM and aid in controlling the taxi speed.Don't forget to place the Condition Levers at 'High Idle' just prior to takeoff. And then, pull them back again just after exiting the runway (after landing). :( Gene
thanks for letting me know gene. william