Sign in to follow this  
slip-stream

Tileproxy Versus Gen X

I bet this has been asked before but was wondering (before I install this) if there is a difference in the quality between the two? I have only viewed videos of tileproxy on youtube which is low quality. Thanks for any advice.

Keith Sandford.

From what i have read about Gen-x it covers UK and Wales with high quality photoscenery and mesh, night textures and some autogen. Tileproxy covers entire globe, texture quality depends on service used and area you fly over (entire US has great 1 m/pixel coverage on Service 3). Minimum quality for entire globe is roughly 10 m/pixel which is enough for high altitude flying with airliners. Also Gen-X is payware and Tileproxy is free:).

Understood. I only fly rotary though so I am interested in small areas of extreme detail and I read in the tutorial that tile resolution can be as high as 30cm per pixel, which is exactly what I'm after. I am interested in the Europe area primarily if anyone could guide me to the server that may help me? Thanks.

Keith Sandford.