Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest sfgiants13

Weird Fs9 Vista Startup Problem

I was trying to install FS9 on my laptop and doing mass install of everything I previous had. Things worked fine, then all of a sudden at startup I just get pure flickering and can't do anything. The weird thing is it only does it on the create a flight screen. It looks as if it's just spastically switching back and forth between programs and won't stay within the sim itself unless I get it out of create a flight mode. I have no clue what to do as I've never had this problem. I'm running on a Vista 32 laptop with a 8600GS card with 3 gigs ram and a 2 ghz dual core processor. The addons I've recently installed before it stopped working include Flight Environment, FSDT KORD, Flightscenery, a few FlyTampas, and a few Aerosoft sceneries.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If you have not installed FS in Vista before, I would not install it to the default location. Put it somewhere outside of Program Files. Disable all addons, then run the sim to make sure all is OK. Add addons one at a time(again not in Program Files) to see which one is causing problems. If all is good , your done.Bob