Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1. Does XPax randomize load of passengers and cargo for each flight on the same type of the a/c? Or does it just always offer the same maximal number of passengers for the chosen A/C in the Passenger Manifest window?2. How is the luggage/cargo weight calculated? Can I modify it manually to adjust anywhere in the setting files?I'm using ACLoader to spice up my flying, it gives random number of passengers and cargo (and writes it in the aircraft.cfg file) before I even start the FS. I know I disabled the Weight Control Option in XPax, but I'm thinking if I could modify the average weights in XPax and use this feature the way I want it. Btw, when the Weight Control Option is on, how does XPax affect my aircraft in the game? Does it write values to the aircraft.cfg or affect the flying parameters dyanmically through FSUIPC/FS9 and SimConnect?Thanks,Dirk.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,1. Random, but can be adjusted on the Diagram screen before loading.2. A programed value per passenger.3. It will write those values into the .cfg the same way ACLoader does.Thanks,

Hi,1. Random, but can be adjusted on the Diagram screen before loading.
That's great, most of the time should be random over 50%. Needs a few sliders (min% max%) and Randomize button.
2. A programed value per passenger.
Needs a window for manual input and definitely a separate window for total cargo/luggage.
3. It will write those values into the .cfg the same way ACLoader does.
Then it wouldn't affect the current game, Jim. The way it works with ACLoader you load up first with ACLoader, then in ACloader you write the values into the Aircraft.cfg. And only AFTER that you start the game, therefore your plane comes up loaded with the values you have just entered. Must be different in XPax, since the game is already running when you load up the plane in XPax UI (per manual), so there wouldn't be any sense to write anything into Aircraft.cfg since it wouldn't effect the current FSX settings of the plane. So the question remains: How? I'm really interested.Thanks, Dirk.

That's great, most of the time should be random over 50%. Needs a few sliders (min% max%) and Randomize button.Needs a window for manual input and definitely a separate window for total cargo/luggage.Then it wouldn't affect the current game, Jim. The way it works with ACLoader you load up first with ACLoader, then in ACloader you write the values into the Aircraft.cfg. And only AFTER that you start the game, therefore your plane comes up loaded with the values you have just entered. Must be different in XPax, since the game is already running when you load up the plane in XPax UI (per manual), so there wouldn't be any sense to write anything into Aircraft.cfg since it wouldn't effect the current FSX settings of the plane. So the question remains: How? I'm really interested.Thanks, Dirk.
Nah, I've just checked and XPax doesn't write anything into the aircraft.cfg file. But important is that it does change the a/c's payload dynamically as advertised (I guess via FSUIPC in case of FS9). The changes are reflected in FS9's FUEL AND PAYLOAD menu and FMC calculates the numbers pretty close. Anyway, I wish it had more options for manual input of all the a/c weights (including fuel) and it could summarize it in a kinda dispatcher report. All that is for the practical purpose of calculating take off speeds mainly.Thanks.

Hi Dirk,Bundle all these good suggestions up and draft an e-mail to tell-us(AT)hifisim.comWe catalog all suggestions and keep track of them that way.Thanks!