Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

flyinjoe

Question About The 3 Visibility Sliders...

I don't quite understand the purpose of the visibility sliders. I thought visibility was determined by the weather condition data received by ASX. So if I choose a real world weather condition that has 10 mile visibility, but in ASX, if I chose 200SM for all 3 vis sliders, what visibility is going to get rendered by FSX. Will it be the real world 10 mile vis. or will it be the 200SM vis. since that's what option I used for my slider settings?Thanks for any info...

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Joe,This is true but some users want to limit what they see or don't see.1. Minimum Surface Visibility---Sets the lowest visibility you will see on the ground. Zero is the most accurate, but some users never want to see low visibility on the ground so they may set their slider to 5 or 8.2. Maximum Surface Visibility--Sets the highest visibility you will see on the ground. Some users don't want to be able to see "forever" while on the ground. They may set this slider to 50 or even lower.3. Maximum Upper visibility--Set the highest visibility you will see while in the air. Again, some pilots don't wat to see "forever". They want a distant haze to cover the hard horizon or when water textures change color abruptly.Each has their own use and purpose to give a user the tweaking power necessary to adjust things to their own liking!Thanks,

So if I use real world weather and want the weather data to determine my visibility, what should I set my sliders at? Or are these sliders simply for custom weather and when using real world weather, I don't have to worry about anything?

Hi Joe,1. Zero2. If you want to see "forever" full right.3. Same as number 2.Thanks,