Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trisager

Abeam Md-11 - Bug?

If I understand "ABEAM" correctly the FMS should draw a line at a 90 degree angle from a fix to the FMS course. However, as the attachment shows this doesn't always happen. Note that my present position is actually closer to the fix than the abeam point ahead.Am I missing something, or did I actually find a bug in this otherwise incredibly bug-free initial release of the MD-11?Tom

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Tom,Tried to reproduce your strange abeam fix indication at BGBW when I was flying near that position.As you can see in my attachement, here the abeam position is drawn quite normal in about simular situation.Do you remember some more details about the flight, ie Flightplan waypoint string used etc.?Don't think its a bug, on my system at least, but its still bugging me why this happens elsewhere differently.Regards,Harry

Harry,The only relevant thing I can remember from that flight is that I created the fix before it became visible with the map display set at max range, maybe 650-700nm away from the abeam point. I'll try another distant fix on my next flight and see if I can recreate it.Cheers,Tom