Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noel

Omg! Water Textures Gone!

Good Lord! I installed SP2, and now in flying around the Ca coast the water textures have disappeared, and instead there are land-like textures! I tried changing some of the water settings, but to no avail. I am trying to see if I can live with SP2 so I can enjoy the new Cit Mustang. I have no idea if SP2 was what killed this, but I think that is the only change I have made. Any ideas? I did have UTX installed at the time I installed SP2.Any help will be appreciated!Noel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Good Lord! I installed SP2, and now in flying around the Ca coast the water textures have disappeared, and instead there are land-like textures! I tried changing some of the water settings, but to no avail. I am trying to see if I can live with SP2 so I can enjoy the new Cit Mustang. I have no idea if SP2 was what killed this, but I think that is the only change I have made. Any ideas? I did have UTX installed at the time I installed SP2.Any help will be appreciated!Noel
NoelOpen the UTX Configuration tool and as it starts the tool will repair the terrain config after the SP2 changes

I forgot I had FSWC installed under SP1, so uninstalled 3.15 and reinstalled per SP2 and all's well. Thanks!

I forgot I had FSWC installed under SP1, so uninstalled 3.15 and reinstalled per SP2 and all's well. Thanks!
Ahh!Yes that will change the shader engine code. FSWC was not really designed for SP1 but it worked.. but if you upgrade to SP2 you would need to allow it to reconfigure for SP2I was under the assumption you had 'land' textures everywhere and no water at all which is a common UTX/SP2 Acelleration issue after updating and also requires one of their patches after everything else including all the UTX updates are installed.Glad you got it sorted