Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mickair

Fs9: Flying The 737ng - Ai Traffic Interference

Guest Mickair

Hello simmers,First of all let me say I'm a proud costumer of your product! Now, let's get to business.... I always fly the NG offline and I love having AI Traffic around and not being alone. Next to that, having a functioning TCAS warning me for other traffic is a really nice feature to have. I always plan my entire route at departure airport, including arrival and approach procedure. That way I only have to print the charts I'll use during my landingprocedure (for the selected runway). Ofcourse, using FS9 ATC with the 737 isn't much of an option since I use the real-life procedures in the charts. The problem is that ATC doesn't know I'm around since I fly independent of it. Only I don't want AI traffic aircraft colliding or interfering with my approach patch, or blockade the runway I want to land at. Is there a way to get around this? I have tought of ticking the 'don't use for landing/take-offs" box in AFCAD but that won't solve the problem for one-runway airports. So, in a nutshell, I want to enjoy AI traffic and yet I don't want it to bother my flight. I hope someone can help me out.Kind regards,Bart

There is no complete cure for what you want. On one hand you like AI but at the same time you fly independent of ATC. Even if you flew "with the ATC" we all know how poor AI handling in FS is. In my opinion you only have two choices - either you turn off AI completely (or drastically lower number of AI flights) or you fly with ATC, preferably using a much better ATC program - something like Radar Contact (on the Radar Contact forum you should get more info as to its ability to control AI flights). But regardless what you decide to do - as long as there is any AI traffic in your simulation there is no guarantee that sooner or later it won't interfere with your flying/landings, etc.

Guest j-mo

Get AISmooth. It's here in the library.