Sign in to follow this  

Who owns "Fly to Hawaii" and is it any good???

I just read the review of this product on Flightsim.com. I've heard people here and there state they were very unhappy with the product so I never bought it. The review raves about "Fly to Hawaii" which I find difficult to take in when looking at the screenshots. First of all the plane looks like an early FSDS model, I'm sure it doesn't have cockpit landing lights. I have never seen pictures of the panel's side views, by the way speeking of the panel, it could almost past for an FS98 version. There are so many great planes, panels, and VC's out there in complete packages, I can't see how "Fly to Hawaii" is anything to rave about these days. Maybe it's a product like Wilco's PIC that's standing the test of time, I'm only asking for people to conferm this. I would buy it if it's worth it (use the panel with an updated GMAX DC10 or use a Hawaiian 767 from Posky pared with PIC's panel for the adventures). Anyway, someone please let me know your thoughts on this product.Thanks...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

$40 I'll never see again. And I was the one e-mailing them every month asking them for updates to their website as to when it would be released. Their FS98 "Tribute to the DC10" was actually a better product, and I'm not talking pound-for-pound either. FTH's visual model is barely FS2000 quality, the panel is looks decent but has very little functionality, the INS isn't worth the 80k the gauge file takes up (ie. it doesn't work), and the sounds leave you with a headache (especially that piercing alarm that goes off when you mess something up). On top of that, the DC-10 has the roll rate of an F-15 and the ADI randomly stops working. Seriously, it's not worth it. All that bologna about it being the most extensive product in FS history is BS. Sure it has a lot of documentation and this ATC flight thing to Hawaii (which is impossible to use considering how condescending the giganto instruction manual for it is), but you're much better with something like Ready for Pushback's 747-200 or the Iron Knuckles DC-9.

AlexSorry to hear you got ripped off. I must admit that after reading the review on flightsim.com I found myself thinking that it sounded more like an advert than a review. I'll be the first to admit that I may be totally wrong, but your opinions seem to confirm my suspicions.I'll stick to AVSIM for reviews from now on. flightsim.com have lost credibility in my eye for that review.Gavin

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

I would agree with you on a lot, but I must say the panel isn't that bad. It's decent looking and decent functionality. The two good things about the panel are the autoflight system and the INS. I've found the autoflight to work very well and the INS, if you read and follow the extensive documentation, works as it should. Yes, the a/c quality isn't great, there are some problems with the adventures and atc, but I don't necessarily agree that it is a completely wasted product. I will agree that RFP is better, but it isn't without it's own flaws either.(Although the developers are doing a great job with patches and that) Iron Knuckles is a completely different class of a/c so it's not really fair to compare. The bottom line is: if you plan on flying from the cockpit (how many real pilots spend their flights gawking at the outside of the plane?) and are willing to spend some time going over the manual (you have to be to fly any new payware planes like RFP anyway) then you MAY enjoy using this. The best package? No. Completely a waste? No. Regards,Marchttp://vatsim.pilotmedia.fi/statusindicato...tor=OD1&a=a.jpg

I don't think Avsim's reviews are totally believable all the time either. Wilco's Airport 2002 should have gotten much lower scores than Avsim gave them. The frame rate issue alone was terrible not to mention releasing airports that have already been done before and/or included in the default scenery. The best reviews is in the forums, that's why I asked you guys...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2