Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest revporl70

World Airports 2 Problem

Hi,I have just installed World Airports 2. As nice as MAnchester Airport looks, neither the default ATC or Radar contact are able to correctly identify the start of the runways. I can't get takeoff clearance and Progressive Tax for 06R takes me to somewhere near the terminal!Any idea how to fix this?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Check the afcad, usually an AF2_ filename, to check the start locations for Manchester. If it is OK then create on your FS drive a folder called AFCAD2s and under it a scenery folder. Move your AF2_ afcad file there.Start FS and go to settings, scenery lib. Click Add and browse to the AFCAD2s folder. It should appear as number 1 in the scenery list after OKing it.Close FS and restart it to create the new scenery index. The AF2_ should now have top priority.Close FS, start RC, and run the scenery database rebuild from it. This should update RC's runway positions and start points if they were off or previously excluded.While you were in AFCAD to check it, insure that a stock layer and only one valid layer (with parking, runways, and taxiways showing) for a total of two exists. A layer without these features does not count toward the total. If you have an offending layer, click on it and then file - properties to get the full path so you could rename it (obviously don't do anything with the stock layer). If you do rename a file, run FS to reindex the scenery and then RC's scenery database builder.Another check is to open the airport in FS, turn your traffic down, and slew an aircraft to where the starting points are in your scenery. Window FS. open the airport in AFCAD windowed, click view starting points and show radius. and click the lock icon. You'll now see a red cross type cursor in AFCAD which is your aircraft position. Compare the scenery position of the aircraft and the aircraft indicator cursor position in the AFCAD diagram to see if they match. If you make the FS window active and slew your aircraft, your AFCAD display will follow accordingly.

Thanks for that. I don't know if it was the installation, but when I checked Manchester in AFCAD, there were no start points on 06R or 06L. As both ends of at least one of these are in regular use, it seems an oversight by the manufacturer and not what you'd expect in a commercial product. Anyway, I have added them with AFCAD, run the DB utility in RC and it seems to work now. However, I was unable to add another folder to the scenery library as you suggested.Thanks a lot for your help.