Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest xxgunnerxx

Any Good Atc Tweaks?

Hi,I've used the search function but did not find what I was looking for. Ever since I got Editvoicepack, I've noticed a few tweaks such as line and up and wait as well as the wind direction upon landing/takeoff. However the biggest problem that I still have is having to hold short of the runway even when the next aircraft is still 7 nm away! Anyway to get around that? And what are some other free tweaks that can be incorporated?Thanks, Igor.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I've used the search function but did not find what I was looking for. Ever since I got Editvoicepack, I've noticed a few tweaks such as line and up and wait as well as the wind direction upon landing/takeoff. However the biggest problem that I still have is having to hold short of the runway even when the next aircraft is still 7 nm away! Anyway to get around that? And what are some other free tweaks that can be incorporated?Thanks, Igor.
Editvoicepack can modify phraseology, but not policy. Short of getting a completely separate add-on, holding short for aircraft on long final are pretty well set in stone.

The best solution I know for ATC is to implement AISmooth, forget default ATC, and invest in PF2000/PFE. I recomend adding their expansion packs as well. The first is payware, while the second is a Christmas present just recently offered. I don't fly without them.Good luck:RTH

I wuold also recommend Radar Contact. The lengthy diversions of go arounds on the default ATC drove me mad in the end! It's a shame, as the default ATC is otherwise well integrated with FS9.