Sign in to follow this  

Hello Everyone!We wish to thank everyone for their support, input, comments, problem reports, and positive reports over the last few days! I have organized the problem reports on our "bug" site and we will be returning to those after the holiday. Please just give us a few days. If you have an e-mail in with me I will be answering those shortly. If you feel I/we have skipped over a post, please just give it a "bump" and it will move it to the top of the forum list. We may visit things here over the next 1.5 days, but may not have time to make extensive posts.Again, your support for our products has been overwhelming and we thank each of you.Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Hello Everyone!We wish to thank everyone for their support, input, comments, problem reports, and positive reports over the last few days! I have organized the problem reports on our "bug" site and we will be returning to those after the holiday. Please just give us a few days. If you have an e-mail in with me I will be answering those shortly. If you feel I/we have skipped over a post, please just give it a "bump" and it will move it to the top of the forum list. We may visit things here over the next 1.5 days, but may not have time to make extensive posts.Again, your support for our products has been overwhelming and we thank each of you.Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
I am not sure if this is the proper post for here but maybe, so my question is..........since I use only FS9, and have a very robust computer to handle complex programs, and, I usually plan flights of less than an hour, mostly daylight, low altitude, and do not set any weather other than "real weather", half the time with AS6.5...will the new ASA make a significant change to the FS experience?? I have checked the comparison sheet for default real weather vs. ASA, and don;t see to many differences if one does not set their own conditions, but many improvements if usingFSX..........I don't mind the $40 upgrade if it makes current real weather more realistic, but the present program is pretty darn good as it is............would appreciate other similar FS simmers responce if they have loaded your new one........many thanks for the input, regards, B42L8

I'd save your money. Haven't tried it in FS9 but in FSX I have had a LOT of problems with incorrect weather depiction and unrealistic wind shears. ASV6.5 has always been rock solid for me. I only bought ASA since I was transitioning to FSX and didn't own ASX. Unless you need the functionality of automatically loading 3rd party textures for you, ASV is much better. I can't recommend ASA for anyone at the moment. Good luck. EddieKABQ

Eddie
KABQ

Guest coops

I second that motion. Stay in ASv6.5/FS9 for the moment. It works great and it's stress free. I wouldn't even transition to FSX yet. Keep reading the Forums and wait until a few patches have come out. Once the majority of threads have been put to rest then take the plunge. It is a cold, cold world out there and FS9/ASv6.5 is nice and warm!

I second that motion. Stay in ASv6.5/FS9 for the moment. It works great and it's stress free. I wouldn't even transition to FSX yet. Keep reading the Forums and wait until a few patches have come out. Once the majority of threads have been put to rest then take the plunge. It is a cold, cold world out there and FS9/ASv6.5 is nice and warm!
Thanks for the advice, I kinda felt that it might be a little early to get involved with changing a very good performer as the combination you show..........feel the same way about FSX, I can screw up enough programs with FS9, and somehow recover, I am not ready for the X-files...............regards, b42l8