Sign in to follow this  
Guest Altitude

Clouds In The Ground

Guest Altitude

I don't know, maybe it's such an obvious thing that I am missing it, but I have had this issue since I bought FSX as it first came out. I take off from KCOS (Colorado Springs) pretty much all the time but I have this annoying problem with the cloud height being too low. I'm talking in the ground low. If I am running default FSX weather, I can access the menu from in game - select weather - make no changes - hit ok - and boom the clouds reset to a proper height. I have done google searches and forum searches and maybe I'm just not using the right terms but I can't find any reference to this issue. I have weather add-ons (ASX, REX, ASA) and they all suffer from the same problem - only I usually can't fix it by doing those same steps listed above.Am I just totally clueless and have missed a setting somewhere? I can't imagine the clouds don't auto adjust based on the elevation of the airport and the area around which one is flying.Maybe this is an RTFM issue, but I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.Oh and yeah - I have just dealt with it all this time so it's not a crushing issue, but it's always bugged me.

I don't know, maybe it's such an obvious thing that I am missing it, but I have had this issue since I bought FSX as it first came out. I take off from KCOS (Colorado Springs) pretty much all the time but I have this annoying problem with the cloud height being too low. I'm talking in the ground low. If I am running default FSX weather, I can access the menu from in game - select weather - make no changes - hit ok - and boom the clouds reset to a proper height. I have done google searches and forum searches and maybe I'm just not using the right terms but I can't find any reference to this issue. I have weather add-ons (ASX, REX, ASA) and they all suffer from the same problem - only I usually can't fix it by doing those same steps listed above.Am I just totally clueless and have missed a setting somewhere? I can't imagine the clouds don't auto adjust based on the elevation of the airport and the area around which one is flying.Maybe this is an RTFM issue, but I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.Oh and yeah - I have just dealt with it all this time so it's not a crushing issue, but it's always bugged me.
Makes me wonder if real weather METARS are set as sea level instead of agl of the reporting station. L.Adamson

This is one of FSX quirks, if you change the location from your startup airport to one with a higher elevation When the sim loads it doesn't account for the elevation change for weather. Once though you go to the weather menu it resets itself.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d