Sign in to follow this  
Guest harleyman52

As 6.5..struggeling Still

Guest harleyman52

Hi,,, I can fly with Online mode just fine all day....I can use a saved weather file just fine.....What I can't seem to get going is just loading textures from AS Graphics and seeing them in the sim..In AS6 Engine I have Online updates off...Enable AS Graphice Auto Submit checked,and both themes checked WX InfluencedNow then in Graphics I have set up the sky textures I want,sent that to FS9,and had conformation that they are loaded..I start FS9......And user defined weather auto showes as such,but when the sim loads there are no sky textures at all........Just nothing but slightly hazy perhaps..Can't quite tell on that..but what I saved in Graphics is not showing....Any thoughts on this...Is there a setting in FS9 weather that needs used,Like all clear or something?In FSUIP I have checked all weather off..Thanks

Guest harleyman52

Well i take it back...It appears that the only part that is up and running is Online flying...I just saved an archive weather and loaded it into FS9 and it showed totally different weather..It appeared to resort back to Online as it was exaztly what it looks like outside today...

Well i take it back...It appears that the only part that is up and running is Online flying...I just saved an archive weather and loaded it into FS9 and it showed totally different weather..It appeared to resort back to Online as it was exaztly what it looks like outside today...
Hi,Archived weather will not contain active weather. Archived weather = old weather, as per a specific date/time. Live/active weather = current weather.If you are trying to get current conditions, you need to use live/online/active weather. If you load archived/historical weather, your conditions will be as it was at that date/time.Textures are completely separate from weather conditions. If you've loaded a nice theme that shows nice cumulus cloud layers, for example, you're not going to see those cumulus cloud layers unless the weather is showing clouds. If the weather in use is showing CLEAR you are going to get fair/clear conditions.If you'd like to force specific weather conditions, you can use wx configurator.Hope this helps,

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest harleyman52
Hi,Archived weather will not contain active weather. Archived weather = old weather, as per a specific date/time. Live/active weather = current weather.If you are trying to get current conditions, you need to use live/online/active weather. If you load archived/historical weather, your conditions will be as it was at that date/time.Textures are completely separate from weather conditions. If you've loaded a nice theme that shows nice cumulus cloud layers, for example, you're not going to see those cumulus cloud layers unless the weather is showing clouds. If the weather in use is showing CLEAR you are going to get fair/clear conditions.If you'd like to force specific weather conditions, you can use wx configurator.Hope this helps,
1) I am trying to use an archived weather that I know has clouds ,etc...... But it is showing local weather...NOT archived.....2) Online weather is all that works.......3) In Graphics I have set up a nice flying condition that I want,but when I send it to FS9 and load it ,it only shows default FS9 weather...Please read my post better...It clearly states all this.....(above) Online weather is all that works...No archive or custom made will show up and work....Thanks

1) I am trying to use an archived weather that I know has clouds ,etc...... But it is showing local weather...NOT archived.....2) Online weather is all that works.......3) In Graphics I have set up a nice flying condition that I want,but when I send it to FS9 and load it ,it only shows default FS9 weather...Please read my post better...It clearly states all this.....(above) Online weather is all that works...No archive or custom made will show up and work....Thanks
Well I sincerely apologize for not appearing to read your post clearly. Actually, I did read it, and from all indications there was a misunderstanding of the difference between online/active and archived/historical weather. Just trying to do my best to go off the information presented!Now, you are stating that only online weather works, and nothing else works. Can you provide some more information to help show this? Specifically, what is the closest METAR report, where are you located when you encounter this, and what exactly do you see depicted? I.e. if there is a consistency problem here, where the weather shown in METAR is not as depicted, we are looking at something entirely different. Alternatively, if the weather matches the METAR, but the METAR is not what you expect, we are looking at yet something even more different. We don't have similar reports so I am still inclined to say that there is confusion as to how these modes operate, but with more information I'll be able to give you a definitive answer one way or another.Thanks!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest harleyman52
Well I sincerely apologize for not appearing to read your post clearly. Actually, I did read it, and from all indications there was a misunderstanding of the difference between online/active and archived/historical weather. Just trying to do my best to go off the information presented!Now, you are stating that only online weather works, and nothing else works. Can you provide some more information to help show this? Specifically, what is the closest METAR report, where are you located when you encounter this, and what exactly do you see depicted? I.e. if there is a consistency problem here, where the weather shown in METAR is not as depicted, we are looking at something entirely different. Alternatively, if the weather matches the METAR, but the METAR is not what you expect, we are looking at yet something even more different. We don't have similar reports so I am still inclined to say that there is confusion as to how these modes operate, but with more information I'll be able to give you a definitive answer one way or another.Thanks!
Thanks Damian..... I figured we were having a communication error....On my end...LOLI will try to post this info later,as I must go for a bit now......but my weather snapshot is for September,and what is showing is fog and rain......But I will look more clostly into the Metar report,although I can't really understand them...But what I do know is that after setting up a sky situation I want,by changing everything in the graphics,and sending to FS9,it does not show up....None at all..Even tuning Comm to 122.00 there is nothing, but again with online checked there are updates and vocals on Comm 122.00 ( should reports run if I am NOT in online mode?)Thanks again...When I get this corrected( and it might be me,as usual0 I want to get your program for this)

Guest harleyman52

Well...I have finally figured it all out..... It was a strange one...It seems that when i moved my Golden Wings from one drive to another (with AS6.5 info in it) apparently my ini file got goofy.... I never considered that as my online updates were working just fine....Go figure..But a clean install of AS6.5 ,alonk with a reg cleaning and repair and its all going fine now.....Thanks for the assistance from you guys......I do have some slight jumping in Archive Mode in heave weather...But my sim is locked at 35 and was running at 30-32 at that point.....Any thoughts of what I might turn down to stop that?Thanks again......