Sign in to follow this  
flyinjoe

Asa Vs. Asx Weather Depiction..

I don't want this to come across as negative. I am only mentioning it as an FYI in case something needs looked into.I'm finding that ASX and ASA are rendering two totally different looking weather depictions when flying the same flight at the same time with the same historical weather. For instance, today I took a short flight from KLBE to KPIT because that flight takes me right over a golf course that I happened to play golf at today. Since I was familiar with the way the sky looked, I thought i'd see how the two compared. First off, when loading the historical weather for 1:00pm and looking at the Report screen, ASX reported the cloud coverage as Scattered. ASA reported it as Broken. So i'm not sure why the two programs reported the exact same weather data as two totally different weather conditions, which leads me to the second problem. ASX's weather data and weather depiction was near perfect to the weather I golfed in today. ASA's was totally wrong. Too many clouds and too much cloud cover. After seeing this, for the time being I intend to go back to ASX because I feel it's weather depiction is more accurate based on what I saw today and also on a flight I took yesterday where it was scattered clouds in my area, but ASA depicted it as overcast. Again, this is not meant to be a put down on ASA. The program itself works, but i'm finding it inaccurate at the moment.