Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Perry333

Just Bought Asa And Couple Of ?

Hi just bought ASA and have some questions. I have never used any of the different products from HI FI before so not familiar with them. First I have FEX installed so I made a snap shot and save it so I think that is all I need to do for that. Next I like to fly with real weather, so I start ASA first then click the start FS button, will this automatically update real weather where ever I fly each time? The first place I went to, a text message said ASA loaded, but when I went to a new airport I did not see that message so I was unsure if ASA was active at the new airport. And if was'nt what do I need to do to restart ASA making weather? Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You don't need to make snapshots to get weather. That's just for saving "situations" so you can load texture combos in the future as you find some you like versus some you may not. At least that's how I understand the snapshot feature. I just know you don't need it for weather and graphics.I've owned every Active Sky version except ASX since I only installed FSX a month ago. I do get confused about new features and options myself, so don't feel bad about not understanding it. As far as I can tell, as long as you have the sim running, despite which you start first, ASA or FSX/FS9, the weather should adjust and load to your location. If you were to switch from one airport or location to another abruptly in game, then you'd need alt-tab to hit refresh within ASA to get new weather. As long as you're starting from one fixed position and flying normally, then ASA should recognize that initial load locale and provide Wx there.