Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Fsx Config....is Deleting Therapeutic?

Question: Is it "therapeutic" and healthy to occasionally DELETE the FSX config file in order to let it rebuild itself with the new addons and settings? I read frequently where deleting this file helps clear up errors and various problems. Of course, I've done it very occasionally over the years, but never deliberately as a method for keeping the sim in shape. Should this be one of my FSX New Year's Resolutions?Stan

Guest Alphahawk3
Question: Is it "therapeutic" and healthy to occasionally DELETE the FSX config file in order to let it rebuild itself with the new addons and settings? I read frequently where deleting this file helps clear up errors and various problems. Of course, I've done it very occasionally over the years, but never deliberately as a method for keeping the sim in shape. Should this be one of my FSX New Year's Resolutions?Stan
I had bought the Bush Hawk XP and it was running like crap on my i7 920. FPS would go from 6 to 30 very quickly back and forth...it was not flyable. Aerosoft had a patch that addressed frame rates so I loaded it...same thing. All other aircraft worked fine and I had a couple that were fairly heavy hitters on FPS but with the new chip were doing fine. I even posted about this problem over at the Aerosoft forum asking for help. Then I decided to delete my fsx.cfg file. Reset my sliders and all has been well since. I don't go in there anymore as I have found a lot of the tips I have read about many times never gave me a performance increase and with my new rig I was stepping up from a P4 so I just let it be...but must have been something in there that the Bush Hawk did not like...LOL cause it runs smooth as silk now. Regards