Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rpowers

Using Z Axis On Ch Yoke For Elevator Trim

I just got the Saitek throttle quadrant and now have open levers on my CH Yoke.I programmed Z axis for elevator trim and it works.Problem is my autopilot altitude and vertical speed don't work properly now.They don't seem to hold.Disable the z axis trim and they work fine.Any thoughts?Thanks,Ron

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just got the Saitek throttle quadrant and now have open levers on my CH Yoke.I programmed Z axis for elevator trim and it works.Problem is my autopilot altitude and vertical speed don't work properly now.They don't seem to hold.Disable the z axis trim and they work fine.Any thoughts?Thanks,Ron
Sounds as though the Z-axis is causing minor inputs even when not being moved.Have you tried making a null-zone so that when the trim is centered there is no 'output'?I use one of the rotaries on my Saitek X-45 throttle for elevator trim and it worksjust fine and doesn't interfere with any AP functions. I have that axis set to 3 'bands'with the center band = null. Paul

Sounds as though the Z-axis is causing minor inputs even when not being moved.Have you tried making a null-zone so that when the trim is centered there is no 'output'?I use one of the rotaries on my Saitek X-45 throttle for elevator trim and it worksjust fine and doesn't interfere with any AP functions. I have that axis set to 3 'bands'with the center band = null. Paul
Thanks for that.How do I set it to 3 bands?I do have registered FSUIPC.Thanks,Ron