Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Noel

Why Is Asa Using Generating Weird Cloud Textures?

Ugg! I hope I'm doing something wrong. I have nice clouds from FEX installed, then run ASA, and ugly! Some cloud textures I have never seen before are showing up, and it is anything but realistic. In fact it's so ugly I'm just running canned FSX weather! I guess I should have just left well enough alone and kept ASX running, which was working well enough. Too early to come to conclusions, but so far, I'm not seeing anything positive in ASA except of course for haze layer handling. I hope I can find some other improvement as that is alot to shell out for one feature. One cloud pattern I saw today showed puffy cumulus with a much flatter layer of dark cumulus and it looked very goofy.Is ASA really just a way to get improvement of the haze issue? One can see the interface looks different, but the controls look very much the same.Noel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ugg! I hope I'm doing something wrong. I have nice clouds from FEX installed, then run ASA, and ugly! Some cloud textures I have never seen before are showing up, and it is anything but realistic. In fact it's so ugly I'm just running canned FSX weather! I guess I should have just left well enough alone and kept ASX running, which was working well enough. Too early to come to conclusions, but so far, I'm not seeing anything positive in ASA except of course for haze layer handling. I hope I can find some other improvement as that is alot to shell out for one feature. One cloud pattern I saw today showed puffy cumulus with a much flatter layer of dark cumulus and it looked very goofy.Is ASA really just a way to get improvement of the haze issue? One can see the interface looks different, but the controls look very much the same.Noel
Ahh, getting the hang of it now. Looks pretty good!Noel