Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest LaFalaise

Late Addition Of Sdk

I have just installed FSX Dlux with SP1 & 2. Is it ok to install the SDK now? (I want to use Airport Design Editor) and what updates does the the SDK require pls? Thx. from a newbie. b/.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thx. Kendall... this is quite the learning curve. I actually don't even know what a wiki is; but I'm about to find out. Your help is greatfully appreciated.
You're very welcome. A wiki is just a webpage that can be frequently updated by it's users and simply acts as a common place for information relevant to a particular topic. The subject at hand though is the installation of the SDK and if you follow that guide carefully, you shouldn't have an issue - if you do make sure you come on back and ask for some help. There's a learning curve in most aspects of flight sim, including scenery design, but in the end I think you'll find it's all well worth it. :(

"LaFalaise",Make sure that you don't install the SDK in the FSX root directory. If you do you will be chasing your tail trying to figure out why the OPT (object placement tool) won't work (there will be no 'Tools' distractor on the menu bar of FSX). Even if you have the paths correct in your dll.xml file when you activate the FSX SDK, it still won't work. Solution: make sure that you don't install the SDK in your FSX root directory, install it somewhere else, anywhere else, besides your root FSX directory ( . . .\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X). :( I spent several hours of frustrated trial and error figuring out what I had done wrong. As soon as I moved the FSX SDK installation out of my FSX directory I was good to go. They don't warn you about this in the information included in the wiki entry for the FSX SDK. At least I didn't see the information there, could have been an oversight on my part. Have fun, and don't worry, you will know where your dll.xml file is soon enough, B) :( :( Best regards B)